Many types of detoxification foods are available. To provide you an idea about it, let us discuss about few of them to give you some choices to pick.
First we have the “Master Cleanse” detoxification diet which is a mixture of cayenne pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice added to water. It is considered a gentler diet as maple syrup is easily absorbed and helps to regulate the removal of harmful toxins stored in fat and it thus converts them to energy slowly.
Second type of a Liquid Detoxification Diet program is “Juice Fast”. This comes from vegetables, fruits or a combination of both. It is similar to master cleanse detox food but you will get more benefits such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are well known to aid the healing process of your body. More importantly, the body will be able to digest the juices directly even without producing the digestive enzymes.
Third we have is “Mono Fruit Detox” food program. The word mono already tells you that this type of diet only consists of eating a particular type of fruit. A nice thing is that this diet can be continued for a long time as the fruit gives the body organic water which allows the body’s cells to cleanse themselves. Once inside, the fruit can easily take out with it toxic and harmful waste matter.
Having only one fruit diet has another benefit. This makes your body pH is more stable and this ensures that the sugar levels are less volatile in your bloodstream.
Next, is the Raw Food Detox food. In this diet, you eat raw food that helps to prevent loss of minerals, vitamins and other important nutrients caused by washing or cooking. The body also gets digestive enzymes which aid in the metabolic activity and also strengthens the immune system. Eating raw foods support good potassium-to-sodium ratios which optimize the cell functioning and also maintains pH balance to attain the overall target of a detoxification diet.
Most of us cannot eat raw foods 3 meals per day. The alternative can be Hallelujah diet which allows you to take in 85% of raw foods and the rest 15% of cooked foods. The pitfall is that this cooked portion must only be consumed at the end of your evening diet. You will also need to skip your breakfast and eat barley grass drinks or fresh vegetable juices.
To skip breakfast will take time if have been used to it. The transition can be done by replacing your eggs and bacon with fresh fruit salad, almond milk, whole grain raw granola and sprouted grain toast with some almond butter.
You can also have the diuretic diet plan. This detox diet will help the body to release fluid but will not lessen your body fat. This can be got from some herbs and some vegetables like artichoke, asparagus, celery seed, juniper berries, dandelion, melon, watercress and parsley. This can be availed in food supplements also and you can find it even in beverages like coke, tea and coffee.
These are some of the detoxification diets available to cleanse your system. If you do not want to go into those mentioned, you can research and find alternatives. Always remember to talk to your doctor before you are certain that this diet is safe for your physical health.